After over a year of being stuck in development hell, Shadow Puppets is now complete!
While fixing an old projector, Iggy decides to have some fun and put on a light show for Sarah.
Man, this looks so nice and fluid all put together! (LOVE the colors in particular) So glad to see it finally finished; really nice work! Sarah is such a wonderful character <3
Wait…. what’s that..
OH MY GOSH IGGY YOU LITTLE WEASEL AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
(BTW guys, go subscribe to Atrox’s channel Smoking Pencil)
Hullabaloo is a 2D hand-drawn animated steampunk film that hopes to help preserve the dying art of 2D animation. We want you to join us in making a short film that will showcase the world of Hullabaloo. In addition to helping save 2D animation, Hullabaloo aims to encourage girls to explore science and adventure. The film’s two protagonists are both young women and both scientists who use their intellect, wits, and courage to fight greed and corruption. We hope that Veronica Daring and her friend Jules will serve as positive role models for girls of all ages and encourage them to get excited about science, engineering, and sci-fi.
For more information about Hullabaloo, its creators, and how you can help bring this story to life, visit here! Their goal is to reach $80,000 by October 1st, 2014, so every donation helps and help spread the word!
James Lopez, a veteran Disney animator (The Lion King, Pocahontas, Paperman), is currently trying to raise money for his traditionally animated project Hullabaloo. Hullabaloo is a steampunk short film which Lopez is hoping will help save the cause of 2D animation, and possibly lead to a TV series or film. So, if you’re interested in badass steampunk ladies or traditional animation, may I recommend you give a dollar or two. Hullabaloo's IndieGogo page is over here, visit to donate and learn more! And I’ll conclude with the plot:Hullabaloo is the story of Veronica Daring, a brilliant young scientist who returns home from an elite finishing school to find her father—the eccentric inventor Jonathan Daring—missing without a trace! The only clue left behind points Veronica toward Daring Adventures, an abandoned amusement park used by her father to test his fantastical steam-powered inventions. There she discovers a strange girl named Jules, a fellow inventor who agrees to help Veronica in locating her missing father and discovering the secrets of his work.
Together, Veronica and Jules learn that Jonathan Daring has been kidnapped by a mysterious group of influential persons, who seek to use his latest invention for nefarious purposes. These villains are wealthy and influential and neither Veronica nor Jules can stop them openly. But determined to save her father and holding true to the family creed that technology should be used for the good of all, not the greed of some, Veronica assumes the secret identity of “Hullabaloo”, a goggled crusader who uses wits and science to combat evil and oppose the nefarious conspiracy that has taken her father.
As an added note: Any donations over $500 include a reward of an animation class taught by James Lopez himself! Not to mention other rewards for other amounts such as signed art books, the soundtrack, and even original art!
"Strong in the Real Way"
Music & Lyrics: Rebecca Sugar
Instrumental Arrangement & Piano: Aivi & Surasshu
Vocals: Deedee Magno Hall, Zach Callison
Guitar: Grant “Stemage” Henry
Drums: Roger “Rekcahdam” Hicks
We loved arranging “Strong in the Real Way” - thank you Rebecca for being our “rock”! There are several people who helped bring this song to life. What you’re hearing is the result of Rebecca’s amazing songwriting, Grant’s blazing guitar playing, Roger’s fierce drum fills, and Deedee and Zach’s inspiring vocals! (I played the piano and synths.) Thank you everyone for your incredible performances!!!
For those who don’t know, I recently discovered that the Angiofibroma I thought I got taken care of last October came back.It’s an aggressive tumor that can cause serious damage to bone, cause serious nose bleeding, pressure to the sinuses, eyes, teeth and brain. I am scheduled for a CAT scan on August 29th. You would think, well that’s good! It’s being taken care of. Here’s the catch. My doctor is five hours away from me. That’s five hours there, five hours back. That’s a lot of money to spend on just traveling. I am going to need to see my doctor several times in these next few months for scans, tests and my surgery and my doctor wants it done URGENTLY.
This is why I am going to start up a major commission campaign. I still need food and a night’s stay at a hotel so that we don’t have to drive immediately back home in pitch black darkness on mountainous road. It’s scary, foggy, curvy and dangerous to drive at night. I would have to make maybe four to five trips to and from Halifax.
Commissions will be priced like this:
Sketches are $10
Line art is $15
Flat colours are $25
Textured Colour and Shading are $30
Although I have set prices, you have an optional choice to send a small donation along with your commission.
Rules and Guidelines:
These commissions are for personal use ONLY! Commercial use commissions aren’t allowed in this sale. If you want to commission me for commercial use project, please private message me by note and we can discuss your project and I will decide if I want to work with you. Again, these commissions are for entertainment purposes.
- No PORN (I can’t stress this enough, I can be lenient enough with certain subject manners but I won’t draw pornographic material.)
- No overly rude or offensive requests.
- Any form of hateful requests will be NOT tolerated.
- Keep sensitive subject manners to a minimum in your requests.
- Please have reference pictures ready and if your order is in colour, your reference picture(s) must also be in colour if your commission requires colour.
- My PayPal address is only for commissions, DO NOT SEND ME ANYTHING ELSE. It will be ignored as it is not my personal email address (which I am not providing).
- Your commission can always be updated or changed. I will send you a work in progress to reassure your satisfaction.
- If you bought a commission and wish to upgrade, you only pay the remainder left.
- Be patient as I will be busy with commissions and IRL stuff.
- Be thorough with your request *BE SPECIFIC* Send as many references as possible. If your commission isn’t to your satisfaction and I end up having to redraw large portions of your commission, that will mean A LOT of lost time and work.
- Be polite and respect the artist.
- Ask questions and make suggestions so that you are completely satisfied with your order
- If I think your commission doesn’t follow the rules and suggestions, I may end up declining your request. Usually people are general good about their commissions so this isn’t much an issue as it is fair warning.
- Please keep art stylizations of your characters to a minimum.If I have difficulties understanding your reference photos, your commission could end up delayed.
- Pricing depends on the complexity of your commission. If you can, add $2-3 or equivalent amount to your order to cover currency conversion and PayPal fees. Pay half now and half after the commission is complete.
- I will only accept PayPal orders. If you are interested in a commission, please send me a note on deviantART or send an ask over tumblr with your commission details and I will go over it with you.
- Please be sure to contact me first before sending any money. I want to hear what you wish to commission first. I will send sketches of your commission so that any errors can be addressed promptly and to ensure your complete satisfaction.
If you need more references of my work to make a more informed decision.You can find my art gallery on dA here.
Please signal boost this, share this post. Reblog, tag with my username and signal boost.